This BeUpstanding website (‘Website’) is operated by The University of Queensland ABN 63 942 912 684 (‘University’).
This Website is used for the purpose of providing workplace champions with a Toolkit to help run the BeUpstanding program. Specifically, it provides a step- by- step guide and associated tools for workplace champions to assist them in planning, delivering and evaluating the BeUpstanding program in their work team. The purpose of the BeUpstanding program is to raise awareness of the benefits of sitting less and moving more and to start to normalise more movement throughout the work day. Data collected is used for research purposes, including evaluating the impact of BeUpstanding and using data and results in research, publications, presentations and other media.
The University is subject to the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld). When a User uses this Website and prepares and/or submits information, the University may collect ‘personal information’ about them and possibly about other persons depending on the information provided to the University. Such information may also be collected for the University by its contractors or their subcontractors, such as service providers that are involved in the hosting and/or maintenance of this Website or assisting with research. This may include details you provide, such as your name, email address, workplace and other contact details and other details about you that you provide.
Dealing with personal information and your consents
What is personal information?
‘Personal information’ has the meaning given in the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) and, as at the date this Privacy Notice was last updated, means information or an opinion, including information or an opinion forming part of a database, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
The purposes for which the University is collecting and otherwise dealing with the personal information
If Users do not provide the personal information the University requests they may not be able to use this Website or participate in the relevant research project.
The purposes for which the University is, and its personnel (including contractors) are, collecting the personal information include:
- to enable Users to use this Website and User accounts, including to submit User Data to the University and to search and view User Data;
- to provide this Website (including to monitor its use and to maintain and modify it and to store User Data);
- to assist the University and its related entities to comply with the law.
How the University might use and disclose the personal information
The University and its personnel (including contractors) may collect personal information from and may disclose personal information to:
- Users of the Website, including workplace champions, their team members and other Users;
- persons you permit to have access to your Website User account;
- persons permitted or required by law to have access to the personal information;
- contractors (and their subcontractors) and other affiliates that assist or work with the University in relation providing this Website or carrying out any related research; and
The University will not, without your consent, publish in the public domain personal information that identifies you.
If you require any further information please contact:
Right to Information and Privacy Office
Phone: +61 (0)7 3365 2571
Copyright © Feb 2017 The University of Queensland. All rights reserved.